The Monaco Government held a special meeting on Sunday, March 1, together with health professionals and others involved in efforts to contain the outbreak. In its statement, the Government said that only one person has so far tested positive for the virus.
The Government has also issued a notice – posted in English – concerning the recent movements of the one person in Monaco who tested positive: “A person present at Slammers Bar during the rugby game last Sunday 23/02/2020 from 15:30 to 17:00 resulted positive for COVID-19. The risk of infection spreading is minute. however people having attended the (broadcast) rugby game are invited to take their temperatures twice a day.. Only in case of fever, sore throat, coughing, muscular pain, shortness of breath or discomfort, stay at home and call 18 (Monaco) or 15 (France.)”
A number of events in Monaco are under threat from the coronavirus, despite the Monaco Government calling on the tourism sector not to cancel. The MAGIC anime event due to take place on Saturday, March 7, is due to welcome several key participants from Japan, but the Government has indicated that no visits can be allowed from countries and regions most affected by the outbreak. An announcement from the organiser, Cedric Biscay, is expected on Monday.
The Eurocup basketball game between the Roca Team and the Russian team Kazan will be played behind closed doors on Wednesday, March 4.
The Government has repeated its advice to call Doctor Eric Voiglio on 98 98 48 50 or 06 78 63 85 68 for any questions about the virus. On Friday this service received 110 calls, on Saturday 56, and up until 15:00 on Sunday a further 15 calls. Anyone who suspects they may have contracted the virus should stay at home while contacting the health service numbers. Contact emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools will open normally on Monday, March 2. However, parents returning from the risk zones, China, Hong Kong, Singapre, South Korea Thalland, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Iran and Lombardy, Veneto and Emilie-Romagna in Italy, are advised to keep their children at home for 14 days following their return.
Employees are also encouraged to work from home whenever possible.
The Government said that while it wanted to avoid disruption to family life, the objective of the various measures put in place was to contain the risks of a wider outbreak.
Meanwhile, our readers are invited to contact Monaco Daily News at email@example.com, should you have any useful information.
PHOTO: The Slammers notice